Relocating Pets to Hungary
Hungary lies in the middle of Europe, in the Carpathian Basin since its foundation, it is one of the most important tourist destinations in Central and Eastern Europe welcoming more than 1 million visitors each year. Hungary is rich in natural beauty like lakes, hot water lakes, cave lakes etc. It is a little, beautiful country, with a safe and friendly environment.
Hungary despite being one of the most attractive tourist destinations, is also a very welcoming country for pets. You can travel with your pet to Hungary and visit many open parks, restaurants and even enjoy a stay at a hotel since the country has a lot of pet friendly options. While travelling with a pet, one must keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- All pets must have proof of all the vaccinations and they should be valid and up to date prior to entering Hungary.
- A rabies titer test is mandatory for Hungary. It can be done after waiting for a minimum of 30 days after administering a rabies vaccination or a booster shot.
- A licensed veterinarian in the originating country must complete the non-commercial EU health certificate for Hungary within 5 days of travel. In case of non-commercial transportation, the owner or a legal representative of the owner is traveling with or within 5 days of the pet and the transport does not involve purchase, sale or transfer of ownership.
- Pets can enter by air from international airport in Budapest. Pets must enter Hungary directly or transit through another EU Member State. Pets can enter Hungary in the cabin, as checked baggage or air cargo.
- Hungary does not have a list of banned breeds however; they can be reckoned dangerous based on their behaviour once imported to the country.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.