Relocating Pets to Chile
Chile, officially the Republic of Chile, is a country in western South America. Chile is an “Island nation” with natural divides separating it from all its neighbours. To the north of this long country the Atacama Desert separates it from its neighbours, to the south and west the Pacific Ocean cradles its delicate and ever-changing coastline and to the east you have the mighty Andes mountains running the entire length of the country.
Chile not only has a beautiful geographical structure, vast mountains and gorgeous sea ports, it is also a country that absolutely loves pets! From pet friendly restaurants to pet friendly hotels, hiking and even camping with pets, Chile offers it all. However, if you are planning on taking a trip to Chile with your pet, you should keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- Your pet must be vaccinated against Rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- A Rabies titer test is not mandatory however, it is required in case you pet does not meet the vaccination criteria listed above.
- An accredited veterinarian must complete the Veterinary Certificate for Chile for your pet within 10 days of travel. The language of the same should be both, English and Spanish.
- While travelling with your personal pet, an import permit is not required to enter Chile.
- An internal and external parasite treatment administered by a licensed veterinarian is required within 14 days of entering Chile.
- Pets can enter Chile via Santiago International Airport at Pudahuel located 15 km northwest of downtown Santiago.
- All pets must be free of any disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry.
- Chile does not have any list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.