Taking Pets to Switzerland
Switzerland is not only a favourite for nature enthusiasts or Bollywood fans, it’s also one of the most pet-friendly countries to immigrate or travel to. Stress-free travelling with your pet may seem like an oxymoron, but in the case of Switzerland, it’s not. Switzerland was made for pet-friendly travel, especially if you love to hike.
Swiss culture makes it easy to cohesively incorporate your pet into your travels. They value the relationship between a family and its pet, making your Swiss holiday a memorable experience. Even the inter-city public transportation is a great way to travel with your pet, provided they are in carriers or are secured by leash.
- The first step to prepare your pet to enter Switzerland is to have them microchipped.
- Your pet must be microchipped, then vaccinated for rabies. Waiting a minimum of 30 days after the vaccination, a rabies titer test must be administered.
- An import permit is required and must be filed at least 3 weeks ahead of travel.
- Pets moving within Europe can use European Pet Passports, which serves as the certificate of health and can only be issued by a licensed vet.
- There will be no quarantine imposed on your pet when entering Switzerland.
If you would prefer to sit back and prepare for your Swiss journey without stress, you can take the assistance of an accredited pet travel agency to help with the relocation. If you are planning on travelling to Switzerland with your pet dog or cat, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details. You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257-123-123 or write to us at [email protected]