Relocating Pets to Sudan
Sudan, officially the Republic of the Sudan, is a country in Northeast Africa. Sudan is one of Africa’s largest, least visited countries. It is rich in arable land, natural resources, it has an exquisite natural beauty.
People of Sudan are not only friendly and welcoming to humans but they are very warm and welcoming to pets as well. Many hotels, restaurants, cafes etc allow pets in Sudan. While relocating with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15-digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, it is important for your pet to be vaccinated against rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entry. Other vaccinations include distemper, hepatitis, parovo, leptospirosis for dogs and feline viral rhinotracheitis, calcivirus, panleukopenia for cats.
- An import permit is not required while entering Sudan with your pet.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate for your pet prior to travel.
- Pets can enter Sudan via Khartoum international airport.
- Pets can enter as checked baggage or air cargo.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Sudan does not publish a banned breed list.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.