Relocating Pets to Cameroon
Cameroon, officially the Republic of Cameroon, is a country in west-central Africa. Cameroon, often referred to as the heart of Africa, is a buzzing country with life and soul in abundance. The large and industrious cities here are complemented by vast areas of mountains, rainforest and beaches. Its varied terrain, cultural diversity and modernity make it a veritable traveller's destination.
It is no surprise that Cameroon is also a pet-friendly country. It has many restaurants, beaches and hotels that allow pets. While travelling with pets, it is important to keep the following things in mind-
- The first step is to microchip your pet with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip.
- While a rabies titer test is not mandatory, your pet must be vaccinated against rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entering the country.
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the health certificate of your pet for entering Cameroon.
- An import permit is not required when entering Cameroon with a personal pet.
- Pets can enter Cameroon via Douala International Airport in Douala and Yaounde Airport in Yaounde.
- All pets must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the entry airport.
- Cameroon does not publish a list of banned breeds.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you should consider hiring professional assistance to make your pet’s relocation safe, smooth and hassle-free. AirPets relocates hundreds of pets every year to and from India and is very thorough with its process. You can get in touch with us at +91-9257-123-123 or write to [email protected] for a professional consultation.