Pet Relocation to The Netherlands
The Netherlands is a popular destination in Europe to visit for all types of travellers. And if you’re thinking about bringing along your pet to stroll the canals of Amsterdam, visit historic windmills, bike down the streets of one of the quaint towns or be wowed with the annual displays of tulips, you have no cause to worry, as it’s quite a pet-friendly destination.
Whether you’re wanting to stay in a hotel, an apartment or at a campground, you will be amazed at the variety of pet-friendly accommodations in the Netherlands, and also green spots, holiday parks, even many restaurants, bars, and cafes that welcome dogs. Houseboat rentals in the city are also pet-friendly, and you’ll enjoy a peaceful stay floating on the water. Another reason why the Netherlands are a fantastic place to visit with your pet is the fact that any sized dogs are welcome on buses, trams, and all public transportation systems, and they can travel for free if they fit in a bag, on your lap or on a short lead.
- The first step to prepare your pet for your trip is microchipping them with an ISO-compliant microchip prior to travel.
- Your pet must be vaccinated against rabies after microchipping.
- A rabies titer test is to be administered 30 days after the rabies vaccination if travelling from a high-risk country. Your pet can enter the Netherlands no sooner than 3 months after the date the blood was drawn.
- The non-commercial EU health certificate for the Netherlands should be completed by a licensed vet in your country within 5 days of travel and should be endorsed by the government agency responsible for the import and export of animals.
- Accompanied pets enter at Border Inspection Posts at international airports in Amsterdam, Maastricht, Eindhoven, Rotterdam, Dan Helder, Lelystad, Seppe, Teuge, Twente, Woensdrecht or Gilze-Rijen air bases.
- Unvaccinated puppies and kittens are not permitted to enter the Netherlands.
As you start planning your trip overseas, you may consider hiring professional assistance to help with your pet’s relocation. If you are planning on relocating to the Netherlands with your pet, get a free quote here on our website by entering your travel and pet details. You can get in touch with us for a professional consultation by calling +91-9257-123-123 or write to us at [email protected]