Taking Pets to Canada
June 21, 2020
When it comes to Pet Relocation, Canada is one of the most popular destinations. Thousands of people move to Canada from India and also take their beloved pets along with them.
It is worth mentioning despite being one of the most travelled destination for pets from India, Canada is also one of the easiest when it comes to formalities for your pets travel. Pet travel can be arranged in a matter of 2 weeks to Canada as long as the vaccination and health of the pet are in order. One need not to plan months in advance to meet the criteria, however, we insist that planning to make the travel stress free for your pets must be done in advance.
Canada allows pets to arrive both as Manifested Cargo and as Accompanied Baggage giving flexibility to Pet Parents to decide their mode of travel. You can contact a reliable pet relocation agency couple of weeks in advance to start preparing for your pets travel and get the paperwork organised. A lot of information on import of pets in Canada can be found on https://www.inspection.gc.
ca/travelling-with-pets-food- or-plants/eng/1573770102207/ 1573770205327. Below are some of necessary steps involved in taking your pet to Canada:
- Your pet must be microchipped to be able to apply for an Export Permit.
- The valid Pet Passport/Vaccination Book issued by an authorised vet
- Crate Train your pet in advance to make the journey stress-free
- For older/senior pets we recommend you get the required health check done in advance to ensure they are healthy and fit enough to travel
- If you are planning to take your pet as Accompanied Baggage ensure you are booking your tickets on an airline which will love your pet to travel with you i.e. KLM Airlines / Lufthansa Airways / Air Canada / Qatar Airways
If you keep the above points in mind and contact an experienced Pet Relocation company 2-3 weeks in advance, your journey to Canada will be smooth and hassle-free.
AirPets relocates hundreds of pets (Dog/Cat) every year to Canada and is very thorough with the process. You can get in touch with us on +91-9257-123-123 or write on [email protected] in case you are planning to move your pet to Canada soon for a professional consultation.
Bringing Your Pets to CanadaDog & Cat transport to CanadaExporting Pets to Canada from IndiaMoving Pets from India to CanadaPet Relocation from India to CanadaTraveling With Your Pets To Canada