Five reasons why you must have a dog
Much has been written about how we can take care of our dogs but little about the benefits of having pets at home. Well, there is definitely an emotional connect (which crazy-dog people like me will tell you) but there are medical reasons too.
Here are top 5 reasons for having a dog or well a pet.
1) Lowers stress: Pets help lower blood pressure and stress. The companionship offered by a dog in addition to the opportunity to connect with other dog lovers and owners can help people. There have been innumerable reports linking pets to stress busting. In fact there are reports to suggest that employees who bring pets to work accumulate less stress throughout the work day.
2) More activity: Having a dog by default means you need to go out for a walk twice a day for atleast 20 minutes. This simply means a more active you. Walks and weekend pay dates with your pets help add physical activity in your schedule and lets you connect with other pet lovers. Now-a-days, there are many dog events that take place across the country to help pet owners reach out to more people on a regular basis.
3) Natural mood enhancers: They say, ‘Happiness starts with the wet nose and ends with the tail’. No matter how tired or annoyed you are, unless you really hate animals and do not care about them, a pet is a definite mood changer. The best part of owning a pet is that no matter how many times a day they see you, a separation of even 15 seconds will ensure that they are all over you.
4) Fight depression: Dogs are the best therapists. Who else will love you unconditionally and still listen to your bickering without passing a judgment. For any pet their master is the best person in the world and come what may they will stand by their owners. I am not a doctor and I do not in anyway recommend not visitng a therapist if you need one. Having a pet and taking care of them creates a sense of responsibility and help people connect better. It makes people feel better and is a productive way of spending time
5) Early warning: Dogs can sense early warning signs whether it is a medical condition or a security concern. It is because of their danger sensing capacity that dogs make excellent service animals.
So if you ever have anyone asking why you have or need a dog, you know what to tell them. Also, while pets are terrific, do check with your doctor if you have a medical condition.
Team AirPets !